Super Shock Sampling Systems
A New Technology for Sampling Systems Operating Over Conveyor Belts
In New Technology, Super Shock Sampling Systems:
- There is no mechanical component entering into the material. Sampling is done by air shock principle. Need for maintenance is minimum. System serves for many years without any problem to the customers. Operation and maintenance costs are considerably less compared with other mechanical systems.
- The sample collected by new technology super shock sampling systems completely presents the lot. Because;
• The air shock sent over the conveyor belt, transports all fine & coarse particles to the transfer chute.
• It completely sweeps the belt surface.
• The sample increment geometry is almost perpendicular to the conveyor belt axis. Because the sampling procedure is carried out by air shock that reaches a speed much more than the speed of sound. Therefore, sample increment is extracted as a whole crosscut.
In Conventional Mechanical Sampling Systems:
- Operating and moving mechanical components fail frequently so they require maintenance. The system is mechanical samplers operating with swinging arm is composed of motor, driving mechanism, gear box, mechanical shafts and electrical components, which need continuous monitoring and maintenance.
- The sample collected by conventional mechanical sampling systems does not completely represent the lot. Because;
• Mechanical Sampling Systems are only capable of taking the increment from the top of the material. Mechanical arms collect the coarse material and fine material remains on the belt. If the mechanical arms approach to collect the fines, then the belt will be damaged.
• Mechanical arms do not completely sweep the belt surface.
• The sample increment geometry is not perpendicular to the conveyor belt axis instead it is hyperbolical. This is caused by the long time interval occurred as the mechanical arm travels throughout the material. The speed of the mechanical arm is much more lower than the speed of air shock moving along the material